Welcome to the homepage of Finnish Eurasier Club!
Picture of the month: Zeldas Alize
Suomen Eurasier Kerho ry – Finnish Eurasier Club was founded in 1991. The goal of the club is to promote eurasier breeding in Finland and spread knowledge on proper dog keeping and care. The club has about 180 members. The first Eurasiers came from Germany and France to Finland in 1989. Among the first dogs there were Alf vom Dreiländereck, Askim v d Ortenau, Diva von Geestequelle, Cherry zur Rönneburg and Espiegle du Chateau de Gorki. At the end of 2011 there were 54 imported dogs altogether, not only from Germany and France, but also from Belgium, Luxemburg, Sweden, Denmark and Canada. Also Finnish puppies have been exported to various countries.
From the beginning until today, 897 Eurasiers have been registered in the Finnish Kennel Club. The popularity of the breed hasn't grown extensively but it has been even during the years. There are not many breeders, so it's possible that one has to wait for a puppy for some time. About 20-60 puppies are registered yearly, sometimes even under 20.
In Finland, all dogs used for breeding have to be examined, meaning official hip and eye examination. The average hipscores for Finnish Eurasiers are as follows:
On average 41% of the Eurasier population has been examined.
A-hips 54 %
B-hips 18 %
C-hips 18 %
D-hips 9 %
E-hips 1 %
Finnish hipscoring: A & B = healthy, C = mild hip dysplasia, D = moderate hip dysplasia,
E = severe hip dysplasia
Hereditary eye illnesses, except distichiasis (extra eyelashes), are very uncommon. Many of the examined dogs have also had patella and elbow examination, the results are usually excellent. There are some diagnosed inner organ diseases (for example under activity of thyroid gland or pancreas), eczema and allergy cases.
Meet Finnish Eurasiers on the internet
» You'll find our members' Eurasiers in the photogallery
» Available puppies are listed in the puppy list
» Here are links to Finnish Eurasier sites
Contact us via
You can also check all the dogs registered in Finland in the database of the Finnish Kennel Club, KoiraNet.
Interested in a Eurasier puppy?
» Info for a puppy buyer
» Puppy list
» Puppy from abroad
» Puppy guide
Membership of the SEK
- Every member receives the Eurasier-Uutiset newsletter published four times a year.
- Breeders can have their info published on the breederlist, and use the puppy list to find homes for their puppies.
- The club awards diplomas to best Show, Puppy and Activity Eurasiers every year.
- Eurasier Speciality Show 09/06/2013 in Tammela
- Summer meeting will be held at a later date
- Eurasier-Uutiset 2/13 DL 15/05
On the puppy list
- Kennel Kristallikuun
Available: 5 males +
- Kennel Belleur
Expected litter: week 21
- Kennel Talvitarhan
Expected litter: week 23
More information »
- Eurasier calendar 2014
- Support for health research
- Do you wish to receive your Eurasier-Uutiset newsletter in a digital form?
Read more »
- Did your dog become Finnish Champion this year? Congratulations! Now would be a good time to take a picture for the year book.
Send the picture to: